Further Cyber Security Resources
- How cyber attacks work.
- 10 steps to cyber security.
- 6 steps for applying data science to security.
- 5 ways to better use data in security.
- The essential guide to security.
- 10 tips for more secure mobile devices.
- Are your Android apps sending unencrypted data?
- A pragmatic approach to fixing cyber security: 5 steps.
- Cyber essentials.
- National Vulnerability Database.
- Black Hat events.
- Common vulnerabilities and exposures.
- Life under GDPR and what it means for Cyber Security.
- What organisations can do to strengthen their Cyber Security stance.
- The case for integrating physical security and cyber security.
- Boosting security effectiveness with ‘adjuvants’.
- Supporting a back-to-basics approach with cyber threat intelligence.
- How to protect your browser from Unicode domain phishing attacks.
- 5 security mistakes your IT team wish you wouldn’t make.
- Solving the problem of storing passwords.
- NCSC rolls out free and easy steps to improve public sector cyber security.
- To AV, or not to AV?
- Common cyber attacks: Reducing the impact.
- Protecting your organisation from ransomware.
- 8 best anti ransomware tools you must be using in 2017.
- 7 tools for stronger IoT security, visibility.
- 6 myths about IoT security.
- Cloud security: Standards and definitions.
- Penetration testing – what is it and who is it for?
- Eight myths not to believe about penetration testing.
- Infographics at the NCSC.
- Sophos Threatsaurus.
- Action Fraud – Types of Fraud.
- Scam Busters.
- The 6-step “happy path” to HTTPS.
- Website reputation checker tool.
- Whois lookup.
- 15 free temporary email services to avoid inbox spam.
- Top 10 sites to receive SMS online without a phone.
- 4 basic principles to help keep hackers out.
- 8 nation-state hacking groups to watch in 2018.
National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) Guidance
- End user device security collection.
- The NIS guidance collection.
- Risk management collection.
- Denial of Service (DoS) guidance collection.
- Application development collection.
- Phishing attacks: defending your organisation.
- Password guidance: Simplifying your approach.
- Password guidance summary: how to protect against password-guessing attacks.
- Ransomware: Latest NCSC guidance.
- ‘Meltdown’ and ‘Spectre’ guidance.
- Guidance on Virtual Private Networks (VPNs).
- Obsolete platforms security guidance.
- NCSC IT: Installing software updates without breaking things.
- Terms of Service; Didn’t Read.
- Twitter privacy settings.
- The complete guide to facebook privacy settings.
- Wi-Fi Alliance launches WPA3 protocol with new security features.
- Is Wi-Fi still safe to use?
- ‘Krack’ Wi-Fi guidance.
- Wi-Fi at risk from KRACK attacks – here’s what to do.
- New WPA2 attack (KRaCKs) – How to prevent it.
- Cisco Security Blog.
- Dark Reading.
- Google Security Blog.
- Graham Cluley.
- Krebs on Security.
- Microsoft Secure Blog.
- Naked Security.
- Schneier on Security.
- Station X Cyber Security Blog.
- Troy Hunt.
- We Live Security.
- Zero Day.
Cyber Security Certifications
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH).
- Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA Security).
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH).
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA).
- Certified Penetration Testing Engineer (CPTE).
- Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP).
- Cisco Certified Network Professional Security (CCNP Security).
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert Security (CCIE Security).
- GIAC Certifications.
- CISSP Concentrations.
Cyber Security Companies
- Computer Weekly.
- Guardian Online Information Security.
- Infosecurity Magazine:
- International Business Times.
- Security Week:
- The Hacker News:
- The Telegraph Internet Security.
- Wired – Threat level.