Gibson was originally founded in 1902 to create mandolins and other similar instruments. It wasn't until the 1930s that the company started making guitars, when it introduced flattop acoustic and hollow body electric guitars to its range of instruments. Gibson is probably best known for creating one of the world's most iconic guitars, the Gibson Les Paul, which was originally introduced in 1952.
Today, Gibson guitars, originally based in Michigan, USA, but now headed up in Nashville, caters for the middle to high end of the market. However, they do sell guitars under a number of other brands, including Epiphone, which allows them to cater for all levels of player and budget.
Below are some of the artists who play or have played Gibson guitars:
Latest Guitarist Videos
- YESTERDAY (The Beatles) - Luca Stricagnoli - Reversed Slide Neck Cover
- SMOOTH CRIMINAL (Michael Jackson) on Triple Neck Guitar - Luca Stricagnoli
- Joe Bonamassa - 'A Conversation With Alice' (Live) - Now Serving: Royal Tea Live From The Ryman
- Ed Sheeran - Visiting Hours [Official Performance Video]
- Everybody (Backstreet Boys) - Luca Stricagnoli